Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I love springtime. I love pre-springtime. I love anticipating the garden I am going to grow and starting my little seedlings inside in the kitchen. Every year the same foolish notion. And the seedlings grow up in their tiny boxes in their oh, so protected environment, and then, because I have been waiting so long to see the lush garden begun, I take them outside in the sun, and the wind, and the cold evenings, and I kill them. Patience Karne, patience. That's what makes your garden grow. So, yes once again I have killed my tender little sprouts, and once again I am ready to plant seeds directly into the dirt, where they inevitably grow up and are strong and sturdy living plants. But the first method always seems like a good idea. Next year, no more babying the little guys, I'll just have to outwait myself and do the first real planting outside!

No comments: