Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's General Conference Time again!

Eliason family Bible from Denmark, brought by
Mike's great grandfather in the 1860's to the USA


To quote Elder Jeffery Holland:

To all of you who think you are lost or without hope, or who think you have done too much that was too wrong for too long, to every one of you who worry that you are stranded somewhere on the wintry plains of life, this conference calls out Jehovah’s unrelenting refrain,
“[My] hand is stretched out still. I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them,[though they] deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts.”
His mercy endureth forever, and His hand is stretched out still. His is the pure love of Christ, the charity that never faileth, that compassion which endures even when all other strength disappears.
I testify of this reaching, rescuing, merciful Jesus, that this is His redeeming Church based on His redeeming love, and that, as those in the Book of Mormon declared, “there came prophets among the people, who were sent from the Lord . … Yea, there came prophets in the land again.” (end of quote)

I listened to the Conference sessions in the morning and afternoon and then I listened to the news. If ever we needed a prophet in the land it is now. Thank heaven, literally, for family, for the scriptures, for a prophet, for repentance and the Atonement. Have a wonderful Sunday.

No comments: