Saturday, November 28, 2009

Satisfaction

Unlike Mick Jagger, satisfaction fills our week. This week includes a Thanksgiving that lived up to its name, the birthday of our oldest son, and our 35th anniversary. I am smiling just thinking about it. I hardly feel 35 years old myself!
We came up to our son's house in Chandler and celebrated the holiday here with our oldest daughter, our son Steven, Charlie and Leslie, and Leslie's family. And it felt like family--comfortable, relaxed, everyone helping themselves to the food, wandering in and out like one big family--which we are!
Maren and her sweetheart Justin came over on Friday bringing Justino's dad's famous pecan pies. A friend of Megan's stopped in for pie. The dinner was traditional and delicious. Turkey sandwiches and desserts filled the house following the main meal and should carry on through the weekend. Shopping was moderate--no Black Friday frenzy. The brothers went golfing. The movies were all good at the mall and on DVDs. And the guys are going shooting in the morning. a
And then we are heading south and home. Wow. That sounds like more than enough for a month of fun. But Sunday our oldest son turns 31, and even though he is far away, it will be another happy day. We love him and miss him. Next year maybe we can celebrate with him.
Then, Monday we'll have to celebrate again--just the 2 of us, because 35 years is a long time, but it has gone by very quickly, and I am very happy to be celebrating with the man I love still, or is it the man I still love? Either way will do.
As if that isn't enough Charlie will be 30 five days after our 35th, and Christmas is just around the corner.
Morris and Seung Hee and Graham called on Skype and shared Thanksgiving dinner, eating their turkey in NYC while we ate here in AZ. That was just great too. It was so funny to see them and hear them and vice versa almost like they were in the room, but sitting over at the kids table. Wow.
I think I'm going to need a vacation, but right now I need to wipe the smile off my face and go to sleep. Ciao bellos. Love you all.

1 comment:

plain jane said...

Your post made me smile!