Monday, April 19, 2010

Water

If thou knewest the git of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Without water there will be no garden. This is a fact of life in the desert. Without water there is no life.
Every day I water. (I cheat--I have six hose timers) The garden is still young and fragile. I have tiny peaches and tiny nectarines. Little 5/8 inch fruit. I was so delighted to see that baby peaches are fuzzy, but baby nectarines are already shiny and red. What should I have expected? But, no water, no fruit.

It has been overcast for 3 or 4 days but no rain. Still, the cooler, indirect sunshine is good for new and fragile.
Drink deep.
We are new and fragile.
Dehydration kills the body

Think deep.
The spirit may be fragile.
Dehydration kills the spirit.
Drink deep and live!

No comments: