Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hugs

I remember when Iris came from Chile in 1965. We met her at the airport and all very politely shook hands. She told me later that she was devastated, we were so cold and unfriendly. Chileans hug. And that is why I love living on the border. I just came home from church. I got my full quota of hugs this morning. You don't shake hands. You hug, you kiss, men, women, children. Four of our kids and 3 of their novios plus Mike's little sister from Utah were here yesterday. We grilled carne asada and ate and talked, laughed and acted silly. The boys wrestled like puppies. It was good to have family in the house. When it was time for everyone to go home we hugged and kissed each one before they left the house. Mike's sister stood back and watched. You've got to admit, it's not cold or unfriendly.
Abrazos amigos!

1 comment:

Kelly E. said...

Hey Aunt Karen! Giving you a virtual hug! Thanks for hanging with my mom!