Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mo Boy



It's so fun going through old papers. I get to throw away a ton of junk and then once in awhile I come across some little treasure. I found a letter I wrote to my parents on August 2, 1983--four or five days after Morris was born. So here are some excerpts:

Hi, I'm a little tired... I figure if I can just adjust to this schedule I'll learn to do without sleep altogether. Actually Morris went 4 hours last night without a peep! I laid down abt 1:30 for a nap and of course he woke up at 2:15.

Janelle fixed us a big dinner Sunday and we ate the leftovers yesterday. By dinner time its nice to have someone else looking after things.

Megan and Ari have been doing laundry. Its a 2 man job at their size. One stands on the hamper and hands down wet clothes while the other fills the dryer. Megan made my bed this morning. I was thanking them for being such big helps and they said, That's OK. We have to start school in a couple of weeks and then we won't have to work so hard.

I called Morrie Carlson, the announcer on KSL yesterday and asked him if he liked his name and if other kids teased him when he was little. (What do you mean? Why would they tease me?) He mentioned on the air that we were naming our baby Morris and he had helped us to see what a fine name it was.

Well, I guess I better go change the little pooper. Love you lots....

See what I mean? Such fun to find these little tidbits with the details we might otherwise forget. Thanks Janelle, and Megan and Ari. You are all the greatest.
Not to mention Mo, you little pooper!!

I love you all!!

No comments: