Monday, January 12, 2009

Good morning sunshine


Well, it is another beautiful day in Rio Rico. The missionaries have moved into the guest house and seem to be settling in. Elder Matute is from Honduras, and his companion is from Boston. He arrived here and moved in on his first day in Arizona. It is definitely not Boston. Saturday he knocked on the door and asked me if I could identify the cool little insect he had found on the floor and which he was holding out for me to see.

It was a little scorpion. Very cute. I told him it would be better just to step on those cuties. And yes, When Elder Matute put on his suit coat Sunday morning there was a lizard in his sleeve. Such is life in our guest house. But they think they have a much cooler apt than the Elders in Nogales.

I don't know if they have figured out yet that the howling you hear at night are the coyotes in the wash. One of the sounds I love.

In another month we'll have to start planting a garden. (Battling rabbits, birds and squirrels. . .)

1 comment:

plain jane said...

...and the scorpion didn't sting him!?