Saturday, January 31, 2009

Things I love about Brooklyn




1. You can walk nearly anywhere
2. Walking to church
3. Walking to the subway
4. Walking to the Deli
5. Walking to Nola and Ta's school
6. Walking back home with the girls
Yes, walking is a big part of what I like in New York.
7. You can find great food just around the corner
8. I mean just about any corner
9. There is water everywhere.
10. I like being by the New York harbor
11. and the East River, and the ocean and. . .
And
12. I like the taxi drivers. They are like a huge united nations contingency that seems to actually like the US and they all love NYC
12. And every one I met was friendly

On the other hand I hate hate hate:
1. The freezing cold weather in the winter
2. The price of an ice cream sundae at the Regis Hotel
(Yes, we paid $60.00 for 4 icecream desserts. And the ice cream scoops were not the size of baseballs as we had been led to believe. They were the size of ping pong balls)
But the atmosphere was elegant and snooty--which list should that be on??

But mostly I love seeing our kids: Ariane, Alon, Morris, Seung Hee, and Steven. And especially I love seeing Nola and Talia.
Which overall makes NYC a pretty wonderful place!

No comments: