Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Headed south. . .headed north. . headed???

After spending the last two days mostly sitting in the car, I woke up early this morning and decided to go for a walk. What better way to start the morning than walking outdoors and enjoying the cool air, the birds, and the flowers.
I got to the bottom of the driveway and a coyote standing in the middle of the road froze in mid-step to stare me down. He tilted his head, I tilted mine. I looked right, so did he. He took a few steps forward--heading south--


I stood still. He paused, looked left, tried the stare down again, then turned tail and sprinted back the way he had come, onto our hill. I then realized that I had missed a major photo opportunity. So, on the very off chance that the coyote would creep back onto the road I ran inside and got the camera.

This is not the coyote. I didn't see hide nor hair of him after our first encounter. This is the neighbor's yappy dog, the only life form I saw on my walk once I was armed with our excellent camera. Even the 3 birds splashing on the top of the fountain had disappeared by the time I reappeared. Oh well.
Had I been thinking I could have used the cell phone in my pocket. It never even occurred to me even after looking at the wonderful pix Mike takes daily in NYC.
I did enjoy a pleasant walk. It looks like the monsoons are coming early. . . Have a wonderful day.



2 comments:

plain jane said...

I love the top picture -- a tangled web of flowers. Very pretty.

And it sounds like you had a nice walk ... I'm almost inspired to think about taking a walk myself.

Maunderer said...

What neighbor's dog is that?