Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day

Before the heavy rain--I love the summer skies.





Last night we watched a storm approach. On the news they said there was a huge thunderstorm over Green Valley with winds of about 60 miles an hour. It was moving south at about 5 miles an hour. Sure enough, 25 minutes later the rain started pelting the north side of the house. I had to close the back door because the rain blew straight in under the covered patio and into the house. It was great. Lightning, thunder, wind, and water. I was worried that there would be rain for the flag raising at the church this morning. But we woke up about 5:45 and the day was clear and clean. Mike spoke on what it means to be an American, the scouts put up the flag and then we all went inside and ate pancakes. And juice, and fresh fruit. It was very nice. I bought 100 heavy duty paper plates and we ran out. I felt just like Megan working at the restaurant. Well, maybe not quite the same. . . I was expecting about 50 people but I am sure we had nearly double that. The ward is growing, Rio Rico is growing, and we had lots of fun. Now, for a mid-morning nap! Fireworks tonight!

1 comment:

plain jane said...

I love love love the top picture. The clouds are so amazing that I almost missed the giant grape vine!