Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Proposal

We went to see the movie The Proposal with Sandra Bullock. I really enjoyed it. Having gone with no expectations I was just delighted. A fun scene in the movie has the couple recounting their proposal in front of all of the family and friends.
I just read that the way a couple remembers the beginning of their courtship is an indication of marital happiness, kinda the marriage legend.
What do you think??
I have been thinking about relationships lately--parents and children, husbands and wives. I read an article about a couple with a handcapped child, and how the birth changed each person's self image. Then I started thinking of the things that handicap people in more subtle ways. But before I start getting too deep I will stop here.
The movie is definitely not deep. Enjoy!

1 comment:

plain jane said...

I'll have to see it.

Love you!!