Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Four Noble Truths for Writers


Well, that very imposing title is a quote, it is not my own words. But the truths that follow aren't nearly so noble. They seem like common sense. So to remind myself, I will put them here:

1. Writer's write.

2. Writing is a process.

3. You don't know what your writing will be until the end of the process.

4. If writing is your practice, the only way to fail is to not write.

One is obvious, we could also say non-writer's do not write. . . 2. I hate the word process, but since I agree completely with #3, at least in my case, I guess I'll let it go. I especially like number 4 and I think I could apply it to anything I want to learn or do--painting, drawing, cooking, scripture study, etc, etc.
Oh my, how busy I will have to be!

No comments: