Tuesday, August 5, 2008

They guessed I was 30!!




I am a good Mormon girl. I guess now I am a good Mormon woman. Anyway, on Sunday when the Primary President asked me if I could substitute teach a class of eleven 8 year olds for 2 hours on the spur of the moment, I of course said yes. They were a very nice group of kids. I had forgotten how nice 8 year olds can be. We had a fun lesson and when they discovered that Monday was my birthday they immediately wanted to guess my age. The numbers ranged wildly all over the age chart, but the kids settled on 30. What could be better than that?? When they asked me if they were right I said, not quite. . .I turned 59 yesterday. And then when I confessed my true upcoming age, very pleased with themselves, they declared that at least they weren't very far off.


It's all a matter of perspective right?


And it doesn't feel very far off.


I talked to all my children yesterday (No, that is not a soap opera). That may be the nicesst thing about a birthday.


I worked in the yard and I bought myself 14 big potted plants and and 2 boxed minature palm trees. I was very pleased with my present. So, today I have plenty to do. Actually, I am going to hire someone to clean the yard, plant a hedge and arrange the additional miscl. plants around the yard. But planning does take mental effort. Never discount that mental effort!!


Ta ta for now. I'm off to water the yard!

No comments: