Saturday, July 12, 2008

I love the rain.

I woke up early today. A friend called to tell us that our neighbor who was diagnosed with cancer of the esophogus last week died this morning. The doctors told him it was terminal and that he had 6 months to a year at the most. Nobody told him 6 days. It's too bad. He retired last year and was waiting for his wife to retire so they could move to Texas nearer to their kids. On my fridge is a sign that says: Happily we do have today.
Maybe that's all we have. So we better make the most of it!
I finally downloaded the Mexico maps I got in May onto myGPS, then I went outside and moved two bales of hay into the turtle house, hung butterfly hooks in the living room, changed the socket cover in the bedroom, put clothes in to wash, and now I am sitting here eating a big piece of banana bread and typing in my small corner. So much for the healthy breakfast. But, it is a delicious breakfast.

No comments: