Saturday, July 26, 2008

Salad Daze




So, Day 2 of the McDonalds challenge. Yesterday I ate my delcious McDonald's salad for lunch and felt very satisfied!! Of course The 240 calorie salad is not the only food of the day. I had shredded wheat for breakfast--my usual--with berries, and I planned to have a small dinner. Oh no, I forgot it was the Pioneer Day potluck down at the church, and I had already agreed to bring my 12 loaves of bread. So off I went, and off course I had to fill my plate. There were so many choices. And so many desserts. But still, I felt like I overate in moderation considering.




Today I had my shredded wheat with bananas and then I made a salad for lunch. I modeled it on the McDonalds salad, but I just couldn't drive 15 miles each way just to buy a salad when I really have the fixings here at home. We'll see how dinner goes. Thirty five days to go.


Then I worked in the yard, pulling weeds until I had a big enough space to plant 4 tomato plants and 2 pepper plants that my friend Raquel gave me last night. By the time I was finished I was literally dripping with sweat. Lovely image. I came in and showered and washed my hair, drank cool water, felt good. Then I went back out to turn off the sprinklers that I had turned on to give the new transplants a boost.


I stood and surveyed my garden and decided that while I was at it I should transplant my hanging garden before the bucket tomato plants all died. There were only 4 out of the original 6 still struggling to survivie, and my cilantro had all gone to seed. So, clean and fresh I started in again with the shovel. Now all the tomatos, the basil, the cilantro, the oregano, etc etc are in the ground and rain is approaching. I hope they get a good soak. I had to come in and take another cool soak myself. But, the yard is lush!! I love it.

No comments: