Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Life without POWER


Here we were enjoying the morning, sitting in the air conditioning under the spinning fans when without warning the POWER went off. What is that about? We lost the power. I tried to call the neighbors and then realized that our cordless phones go dead with the loss of electricity. So I was down to cell phones which I could not recharge if the power happened to stay off for days and days. Well, you have to think of all the worst possibilities in case of emergency. . . .
The neighbor's power was out up the road, and we agreed to go to the movies in Nogales so that we could get out of our soon to be sweltering houses and sit in an air conditioned theater. (What wooses we are.)
Unfortunately the power was out not only in Rio Rico, but in Nogales and Tubac--basically all of Santa Cruz county. Then the next door neighbor called and asked me if I knew how to open a garage in the case of loss of power. So I walked up and showed her the manual garage door opening method, allowing her to escape from her house and go to work. We are just lost without POWER.
With no other alternatives I took a warm afternoon nap and woke up just as the fan began turning again about 4:00. What a relief. The world hadn't ended, the sky wasn't falling. Life can continue for another day!! And the house is cooooool.

2 comments:

plain jane said...

I recognize that donkey!

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.