Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lightning!!!


Lightning. Yesterday Ari called me up to ask me if Steven had ever been struck by lightning. She had to call and ask because she obviously didn't believe Steven's story. But, the first month that we moved into this house--Five years ago in just 3 more weeks--Steven was sitting in his bedroom talking on the phone when lightning hit the corner of the house his bedroom occupies. The electricity went right through the phone and gave him a jolt. It also knocked 4 tiles off the corner of the roof on our brand new house. So. There you have it.

I guess telling the story jinxed me. I was in the bedroom this afternoon minding my own business when the kitchen windows glowed with a bright white light and thunder crashed over my head behind me. Lightning hit right on the front of the house.

One of the unexpected benefits of living on a ridge. Free light shows followed by rain. I nearly jumped out of my skin!

1 comment:

Maunderer said...

I think that Graham and I were in what is now the bug room playing video games when that happened because I remember the electricity coming through the cords (on the outside of the cord) like a big ball of spider web. For all I know, it could have been Steven and I, but you say that he was on the phone.